Ba Recruitment are delighted to announce a recruitment partnership with an influential business to help them find a suitably qualified Inventory Planning Analyst.
This award winning local online business prides itself on delivering the very best in online resources.
The role of the Inventory Planning Analyst is to play a leading part in identifying trends within stock availability and advise the board of Directors on suitable action to ensure optimum stock availability.
The role sits within the Purchasing department, although strong links need to be forged within other areas of the business such as IT, Warehouse, Marketing and Trade Sales in order to ascertain all relevant data.
The Analyst reports into the Inventory Planning Manager, but provides advice to Directors on stock availability and strategy, as and when needed.
Key performance indicators for this role will be to:
• Reduce the number of Out of Stocks
• Increase order fill rates and stock availability service levels
• Increase stock turn to minimise unnecessary stock holding
• Increase the accuracy of the forecasting system
• Using Infor Demand Planner, analyse and amend individual product forecasts through a 24month forward window taking into consideration demand history and trends, company strategy, product knowledge and marketing intelligence
• Using Infor Replenishment Planner and Infor SCM Database Administration, evaluate the most economical supply strategy for individual products and suppliers using the multitude of settings within Infor. Agree the best strategy with the appropriate Buyer and monitor future amendments or non-compliance
• Regularly check the health of stock, MRI and Infor settings. Investigate any issues and communicate actions to appropriate colleagues and management
• Assist with the introduction of new products and effective management of future de-lists to minimise future obsolete inventory.
• Assist in ensuring a seamless transition from current products to superseding or value added products within the catalogue window
• Take responsibility for all aspects of forecasting and supply planning at divisional level as designated. Arrange S & OP meetings with Divisional Directors, Product Managers and Buyers to gain the latest market and product intelligence. Apply that intelligence to Infor and measure the resulting forecast against financial plan and discuss any variances
• Assist management in developing a purchasing KPI dashboard, cash flow and inventory projections and any other ad hoc projects and reports as required
To be consider for this role you will need to hold a high class degree in maths, statistics or finance related and also be CIPS qualified.
You will be very highly numerate with an analytical approach and sound commercial awareness and have a very high standard in Excel.
Your knowledge and experience must include;
• MRP inventory analyst experience
• Purchasing knowledge• Statistical background
• Multi channel forecasting experience
• Knowledge of forecasting parameters and their effects on the forecast
• Knowledge of forecasting performance measures such as MAD (Mean Absolute Deviation) or MAPE (Mean Absolute Percentage Error)
• Very high standard in Excel
• Very highly numerate with an analytical approach and sound commercial awareness.
Desirable skills include;
• Knowledge of forecasting algorithms such as Standard Moving Average, Double Exponential Smoothing, Bayesian Forecasting Method
You must demonstrate that you are a team player who is;
• Organised• Analytical• Work autonomously
• Able to make decisions on own
• Able to cope under pressure
• Motivated and proactive with good interpersonal skills and the ability to engage with and influence colleagues
• Excellent IT skills, including advanced use of Excel
An excellent career awaits you. Apply today!