Our clients are a market leader in the design and supply of electronic instruments and software for the water and energy utilities. To support business growth an exciting opportunity has arisen to join their team based at their head office in Wirksworth, Derbyshire.
Purchase Ledger / Accounts Assistant
This is a varied and interesting role for a part qualified accountant’s person seeking broad commercial experience within a small team.
Job entails a variety of accounting tasks, which may include but not limited to:
- Processing high volume of invoices
- Purchase invoice and ledger
- Supplier Payment
- Query resolution
- Monthly reconciliations
- Year End reconciliations
- Analytical review
You will build effective working relationships with your customers to maximise the business relationship.
Required skills and experience
- Previous accounts experience to include purchase ledger, sales ledger, credit control, cash book and reconciliations
- Strong Excel skills required for manipulation of data for analysis and reconciliations
- Excellent time management skills, the ability to multi task and work to deadlines
- Good communications and organisational skills
The successful candidate must be methodical, well organized with a high attention to detail and poses excellent communication skills both verbal and written. You must be computer literate, and competent using SAGE line 50 is an advantage. Although full training will be given, a varied accounting history is preferred particularly within the manufacturing industry.
The basic working hours are Monday - Friday 9am- 5pm, although additional hours to suit the needs of the business particularly during month and year end would be required.
In return, our clients offer excellent remuneration and supports career development.
20 days holiday plus bank holidays
Personal pension scheme
On site parking