Rutland County Council,People Directorate
School Sports Development Officer, Lifelong Learning
Fixed term until August 2015, part time (30 hrs per week, worked over 4 days)
Scale SO2, Salary £27,052 - £28,636 pro rata
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and energetic person to our Leisure and Recreation Team as a School Sport Development Officer to:
- Deliver the School Games Programme by engaging as many schools and participants as possible, embedding sporting competition, and enthusing young people, schools and clubs to realize the sporting legacy from the London 2012 Olympics
- Manage the development of community and extra-curricular sport opportunities for young people in Rutland, and to ensure young people’s sport opportunities are sustained by building links to key partner clubs, coaches, volunteers and other organisations
The successful candidate will be:
- Passionate about using sport to develop young people and local community sport opportunities
- Highly motivated and able to motivate and inspire both adults and young people
- Knowledgeable of current developments pertaining to school sport and PE, in particular The School Games initiative
- Experienced of coordinating and delivering a strategic inclusive sports development and competition pathway
- Able to plan for strategic use of funding, monitor implementation and evaluate effectiveness
- Able to work on own initiative, under sustained pressure and take responsibility for delivering outcomes for young people
The successful applicant for this post will be subject to a check by the Criminal Records Bureau.
Closing date: 03 September 2012 Interview date: w/c 17 September 2012
For an application pack, please contact Rutland County Council, Catmose, Oakham, Rutland. LE15 6HP Tel: 01572 722577
Please be advised we do not accept CV’s.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website at www.rutland.gov.uk
Rutland County Council is working towards being an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.